This documentation is for Magento 2.x. For Magento 1.x, see here.
Table of Contents
What is Google Cloud Functions?
Cloud Functions makes it easy for developers to run and scale code in the cloud and build event-driven serverless applications.
- Simplest way to run your code in the cloud
- Automatically scales, highly available and fault tolerant
- No servers to provision, manage, patch or update
- Pay only while your code runs
- Connects and extends cloud servicesSource: Google
What is Magento Cron Cloud Functions?
Magento Cron Cloud Functions is a Magento extension for running cron jobs via Google Cloud Functions.
Benefits of Magento Cron Cloud Functions
Using Google Cloud Functions to run Magento cron jobs can have significant benefits, including:
- Reduced memory and CPU consumption
- Improved horizontal scaling
- Inexpensive resource usage
- Ability to decouple job scheduler via Google Cloud Scheduler