This documentation is for Magento 1.x. For Magento 2.x, see here.
Table of Contents
- Python Scripts
- Release Notes
What is Google Cloud Functions?
Cloud Functions makes it easy for developers to run and scale code in the cloud and build event-driven serverless applications.
- Simplest way to run your code in the cloud
- Automatically scales, highly available and fault tolerant
- No servers to provision, manage, patch or update
- Pay only while your code runs
- Connects and extends cloud servicesSource: Google
What is Mage Cron Cloud Functions?
Mage Cron Cloud Functions is a Magento extension for running cron jobs via Google Cloud Functions.
Benefits of Mage Cron Cloud Functions
Using Google Cloud Functions to run Magento cron jobs can have significant benefits, including:
- Reduced memory and CPU consumption
- Improved horizontal scaling
- Inexpensive resource usage
- Ability to decouple job scheduler via Google Cloud Scheduler